Live Chat
During This Challenging Time

We are open for business and remain dedicated to your case! All those working on-site and remotely are still available to answer your questions. The well-being of our clients and staff are vital, so we will provide updates as the situation progresses.

During This Challenging Time Close

What are my alternatives to Bankruptcy to Stop a Foreclosure?

June 28, 2009

There are a few effective ways to stop or postpone a foreclosure or sale date on your home.  Your first step should be to contact your Mortgage Company directly as soon as you know you are behind or are about to miss a payment and speak to the Loss Mitigation department. Every mortgage company has Loss Mitigation department and they are there to help you in times of need (not that they always do help).  Let them know your current situation (such as loss of job, decrease in income, medical conditions or emergency situations) and ask them for your options.

The Loss Mitigation department of your Mortgage Company should be able to provide you a forbearance option or a modification option. BEWARE, some Mortgage Companies use their Loss Mitigation department to drag their feet until they sell your house.  Don’t let this happen to you!

If you keep getting the run-around, call our office and let us layout the options for you before it’s too late.  Call toll free at 1-866-705-7584 or e-mail us at


Use the form below to send us a note, call us at 214.890.0711 or chat with us live. We are eager to help with your legal needs. Please keep in mind that any unsolicited information sent through our website cannot be treated as confidential. Contacting us through this site does not create a representation relationship with Fears Nachawati.

Contact Us


With offices across Texas, and attorneys licensed in Texas, Florida, Arkansas, New Mexico, California, Illinois, District of Columbia, Missouri and Oklahoma, Fears Nachawati is dedicated to attaining the best possible solutions for our clients’ business and personal needs. We strive to be professionals who are creative, empathetic and reliable.

All Areas Served

We Can Help

Contact Fears Nachawati today

Free Consultation

Live Chat (Online Now)