Are you looking to protect your financial interests before entering into a marriage? A Premarital Agreement can help ensure that the couple, not the court, decides how their property would be split in the event of a divorce. People choose a Premarital Agreement for varying reasons:
- Protect assets that you have now or may acquire in the future.
- Protect assets for you, your parents or your children from a previous relationship.
- Limit or eliminate the risk of having to pay alimony or spousal support.
- Protect assets (in particular a business) that are owned with other parties.
- Protect your parent’s legacy and your inheritance.
In a Premarital Agreement you are able to specify assets that will remain your separate property, what you would like to be considered community or shared property and you can even specify how you would like to classify assets that you do not currently own. The parties are also able to stipulate that one party would benefit in a certain way from the marriage.
Our experienced attorneys will be able to not only explain what is typical, but also implement creative solutions for your unique situation to ensure that the finished product is going to reflect your individual needs. Our goal is that you have the peace of mind to move forward in your marriage to a bright future. The process is simple and painless.