Live Chat
During This Challenging Time

We are open for business and remain dedicated to your case! All those working on-site and remotely are still available to answer your questions. The well-being of our clients and staff are vital, so we will provide updates as the situation progresses.

During This Challenging Time Close

Can I travel outside the United States while my Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence is pending?

August 25, 2015

After filing your Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Form I-751), you will receive a receipt notice on USCIS Form I-797. This document will extend your residence for a period of time while your application is pending, usually 12 months. You can safely travel outside of the United States if you carry both your expired green card and this receipt notice, provided the receipt notice is still valid.


Use the form below to send us a note, call us at 214.890.0711 or chat with us live. We are eager to help with your legal needs. Please keep in mind that any unsolicited information sent through our website cannot be treated as confidential. Contacting us through this site does not create a representation relationship with Fears Nachawati.

Contact Us


With offices across Texas, and attorneys licensed in Texas, Florida, Arkansas, New Mexico, California, Illinois, District of Columbia, Missouri and Oklahoma, Fears Nachawati is dedicated to attaining the best possible solutions for our clients’ business and personal needs. We strive to be professionals who are creative, empathetic and reliable.

All Areas Served

We Can Help

Contact Fears Nachawati today

Free Consultation

Live Chat (Online Now)