10 Worst Intersections in Dallas
Roads in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area are often included on the list of cities in the country with the most car accidents every year. There are more than seven million people in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area, and in 2016, there were 38,832 crashes in Dallas alone. Those crashes involved 103,388 people and 81,022 vehicles. Dallas crashes account for about 16.25% of the auto accidents reported in the State of Texas every year. According to the statistics available thus far, 2016 had the highest number of crashes. For the years dating from 2010 to 2016, there was an average of 1,872 more crashes than the year before. But in 2016, 4,548 more accidents were reported than the year before, and 11,230 more accidents than reported in 2010. There are some intersections in Dallas that are worse than others, and they are much more likely to be a scene of a crash.
Here are the 10 most dangerous intersections in Dallas:
· Inwood Rd. at Lemmon Ave.
· Dallas North Tollway at Spring Valley Rd.
· Belt Line Rd. at Meandering Way
· W. Illinois Ave. at S. Vernon Ave.
· S. Beckley Ave. at W. Claredon Dr.
· S. Hampton Rd. at W. Kiest Blvd.
· E. Ledbetter Dr. at S. Marsalis Ave.
· W. Camp Wisdom Rd. at S. Hampton Rd.
· S. Cockrell Hill Rd. at E. Red Bird Lane
· N. Carroll Ave. at Gaston Ave.
Across the larger Dallas-Fort Worth metro area, the ten worst intersections are:
· TX-121 and West Exchange Pkwy.
· I-35E and Loop 288/Lillian Miller Pkwy. in Denton
· Coit Rd. and I-635 in Dallas
· Hebron Pkwy. and Old Denton Rd. in Carrollton
· TX-121 and Preston Rd. in Frisco – State Farm Insurance ranks this as the 8th most dangerous in the country
· Park Blvd. and Preston Rd. in Plano
· Belt Line Rd. and Midway Rd. in Addison, which was the site of 249 crashes in a single year
· Belt Line Rd. and Preston Rd. in Dallas
· Legacy Dr. and Dallas North Tollway Service Rd. (Dallas Parkway) in Plano
· Coit Rd. and President George Bush Turnpike Service Rd. in Plano
Many of these intersections are named the most dangerous in their neighborhood by the local law enforcement agencies. When you must drive through these intersections, you should use extreme caution and be sure to stay alert. Make sure you follow all traffic regulations and watch out for other drivers, who might not be as attentive, particularly in the age of distracted driving. The chances of being involved in an accident at one of these intersections are very high, so defensive driving is imperative to reduce the risks of being involved in a crash.
Crashes at Intersections
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that about 40% of all crashes nationwide occur at intersections. About 21% of the fatal crashes in the country happen at intersections. Intersections are dangerous because there are multiple drivers and pedestrians all engaged in different and conflicting motion, such as turning right or left or crossing over the roadways. The NHTSA reports that most crashes at intersections are caused by inattentiveness or by illegal maneuvers made by drivers.
Despite best efforts on your part to maintain defensive driving, there is still the chance that you may one day find yourself involved in a car accident in the Dallas-Fort Worth area due to the negligent or imprudent actions of another motorist.
If that’s the case, then you need the help of an experienced Dallas car accident attorney who understands Texas traffic laws and how to determine and prove who was at fault. Having great legal representation is one of the best steps you can take following an accident in order to ensure you aren’t held liable for something that wasn’t your fault, and that you are able to receive the compensation you need and deserve after a wreck.
For your free, no obligation legal consultation, please call the auto accident lawyers of Fears Nachawati at (866) 705-7584 to schedule your visit to our Fort Worth office on Main Street or our new main office location in Dallas at 5473 Blair Road Dallas, TX.